Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cup Noodle

My friend got a contract to supply cup noodle to refugees camp in Australia.

This is a childhood friend who has migrated to Australia many years ago. He is operating a sundry shop in one of the islands in Australia.

I said I knew a friend who is doing international trading for many years and probably can supply him with cup noodle.

He needs 5 containers a month. That is a big volume. He is not happy because some suppliers like to increase price after the first shipment.

I called my Singapore friend and he told me that US dollar was down 3 percent but the raw materials like Flour's price is up by 75% and palm oil also is up by 70 %, therefore no local manufacturer wanted to do this business because of the uncertainty of the price for the raw materials.

I called my friend who is still holidaying in Malaysia. He asked to quote spot price for 1 carton and he wanted to order 4 containers load and he is willing to pay cash.

My Singapore friend attempted to quote him and will get the shipment from Vietnam.

Whether I can be successful in this deal, I am no sure yet. My Singapore friend is checking and I hope I can conclude the deal and make some money out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment